[Samba] Samba AD client's settings transfer

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 12:22:03 GMT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Jimmy Choo wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> 0)Yes secrets.tdb was the file i was looking for.
>
> 1) But still a question remains ->
>
> After copying secrets.tdb i had to do "net ads join -U <username>".

If you copied across secrets.tdb (and perhaps your krb5.keytab if you were
using it), surely you wouldn't need to call net ads join?

> In earlier distro i simply did "net ads join" without explicitly
> mentioning my username.
> ( my credentials were of course there via kinit ) How come?
>
> Any ideas here?

net ads join works fine for me with an appropriate kerberos credential.

I'm not sure either.

jh

--
"Tact in audacity consists in knowing how far we may go too far."
                                                      -- Jean Cocteau