[Samba] question concerning ldapsam:editposix - winbind problems!

Andrew Richey ar2748 at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 17 13:45:01 GMT 2008

I actually loaded another box with Fedora, and used authconfig like you
described.  It worked quite well! :-)

On a slightly different note... Previously I thought I had winbind
working, but it seems I don't.  I believe I put all the correct entries
in my smb.conf file... but I keep getting errors in my winbind logs.
Also, wbinfo -t and -u come back with errors.  I'm probably doing
something silly, but I'm running around in mental circles trying to
figure out what it is.

appropriate smb.conf entries...

idmap domains = EPSILON
idmap config EPSILON:backend = ldap
idmap config EPSILON:readonly = no
idmap config EPSILON:default = yes
idmap config EPSILON:ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap, ....
idmap config EPSILON:ldap_user_dn = cn=admin, ...
idmap config EPSILON:ldap_url = ldap://ip-address:389
idmap config EPSILON:range = 5000-500000
idmap alloc backend = ldap
idmap alloc config:ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap, ....
idmap alloc config:ldap_user_dn = cn=admin, ....
idmap alloc config:ldap_url = ldap://ip-address:389
idmap alloc config:range = 5000-500000

section of log.winbindd-idmap:

[2008/01/16 19:18:43, 1] nsswitch/idmap.c:idmap_init(377)
Initializing idmap domains
[2008/01/16 19:18:43, 0] nsswitch/idmap.c:idmap_init(388)
idmap_init: Ignoring domain EPSILON

wbinfo -t:

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0xc00000da)
Could not check secret