[Samba] Re: Authenticating a linux samba client to a win2k domain

Newscrawler newscrawler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:28:17 GMT 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 10:21 , Jamrock wrote:

"Newscrawler" <email protected> wrote in message
news:A82AC4C8-35EF-4EA2-A49F-3365BE01FB0B at gmail.com...

> Hello crew,
>
> I'm having troubles with authenticating a linux samba client to a
> win2k domain.  Without creating local users I want to be able to log
> on using a user and pass valid only in the windows domain.
>

> Cheers
>
> Joost

Take a look at  Chapter 7 of Samba by Example.  "Adding Domain Member
Servers and Clients".  It shows a few ways to do this.

I think I've read almost any related article on the net. Reason I
posted to this mailing list is that I can't fix my problem with the
current documentation.

Outcome of [getent passwd] and [getent group], [wbinfo -u] and [wbinfo
-g] are ok. Kerberos auth. using [kinit] is ok too. Adding the linux
box to the domain is ok too. Logging in with a wrong user or wrong
password is ok. Just that last step, logging in with an correct user
and pass results in a NT SERVER IO TIME OUT.

Cheers

Joost