[Samba] Home directory problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:03:05 GMT 2008

In the thread "Network Path was not found" Michael Heydon wrote:
<quote>
When you have security = share you don't authenticate as a user and as
such you don't have a home directory. I would suggest sticking with user
level security, share level is a left over from the 9x days and is
pretty much obsolete.
</quote>

I have checked, and my line is definitely security = user.  However, I still
can't see my /home, even though I can see all the other shares.  What other
conditions can cause this?

Anne