[Samba] Re: Network Path was not found

Chris chrisdp at armscor.co.za
Thu Jan 17 07:20:09 GMT 2008

Chris Smith wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Chris wrote:
>> When I try to access a share i get the following error
>
> man smb.conf
>
> search for "msdfs proxy"
>
> and note that the "homes" special share doesn't normally need a path
>
> also note that the [chr] share is mostly likely redundant as the [homes]
> share should automagicall handle this

 I have another machine where I haven't set up "msdfs proxy" and it works. I
even copied the smb.conf file of that machine over and still get the same
message. What I tried was to set my security to SHARE. I can log in the
machine but see only my root partition and not my home partition.

My smb.conf file looks like this

[global]
        workgroup = FLAMENGRO
        server string = Samba Server
        password server = None
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        acl compatibility = winnt
        server signing = auto
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No