FW: [Samba] Standalone Server with Wins -- Password Not Required onWin/XP

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Wed Jan 16 15:52:17 GMT 2008

I wish this was the case Chris. Win/XP presents a login box that requests
userid and password.  Here are a couple of the cases I have tried:

(1) If I enter userid Only, I gain full access to the share without Ever
entering a password

(2) If I enter userid and samba password, the combination is rejected and
the share is not visible

This is not consistent with "the user authenticates with the server" as the
user Can't Even Enter the password.  See what I mean?

Thanks!  Greg