[Samba] impossible to see the samba server with network neighborhood

Patrice Langlois pl at igmm.cnrs.fr
Wed Jan 16 15:15:20 GMT 2008

Hi,

I  installed a new server samba (3.02) with openldap authentification.
I ‘ve no problem to mount smb volume with mac os X.

Smb://mysambasever

I’ve got problem with windows client. It ‘s impossible to see the
samba server with network neighborhood.

The result of the smbclient command is :

------------------------------------
bash-3.2$ smbclient -L mysambasever -U win
Password:
Domain=[MYSAMBASEVER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.25b-1.el4.4]

         Sharename       Type      Comment
         ---------       ----      -------
         homes           Disk      Home Directories
         tmp             Disk      Temporary file space
         IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (sauvegarde)
         win             Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[MYSAMBASEVER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.25b-1.el4.4]

         Server               Comment
         ---------            -------

         Workgroup            Master
         ---------            -------
         MONWORKGROUP               MYSAMBASEVER
------------------------------------

The result of the testparm command is :

  ------------------------------------
[root at xxxx samba]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[tmp]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

[global]
         workgroup = MONWORKGROUP
         server string = sauvegarde
         passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://xxxxxxxx/smbpasswd
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         max log size = 50
         os level = 128
         preferred master = Yes
         domain master = Yes
         dns proxy = No
         wins support = Yes
         ldap admin dn = cn=xxxx,dc=xxxdc=xxx,dc=fr
         ldap group suffix = ou=groupe
         ldap passwd sync = Yes
         ldap suffix = dc=igmm,dc=cnrs,dc=fr
         ldap user suffix = ou= people
         invalid users = root

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         read only = No

[tmp]
         comment = Temporary file space
         path = /tmp
         read only = No
         guest ok = Yes

Tanks for your help.

Patoch
--
passerelle antivirus du campus CNRS de Montpellier