[Samba] Samba 3.0.28 with VFS-Module "GPFS"

Ralph Cunnington Ralph.Cunnington at bib.de
Tue Jan 15 07:28:43 GMT 2008

Hi Rob,
thanks for the quick response. I'm just getting the sources from
ctdb.samba.org and
getting forward to get things working (Quota-Reporting and ACl-Support for
Samba-Shares,
as asked for in samba at lists.samba.org (see below)).

I post this info to the samba- and gpfs-general list.

thanks
Ralph

[Samba] Samba 3.0.28 with VFS-Module "GPFS"
Ralph Cunnington
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 06:56:18 -0800
Hi Rob,
on your Info for Version 3.0.25 you pointed out the VFS-Module GPFS for
using features of the underlaying GPFS-Filesystem.
Also the man-pages-3/vfs_gpfs.8.html points to that module, but I can't
find it anywhere.

We are using a GPFS 3.2  3-Node Samba Cluster (3.0.24/28) on Dell HW.

We would be very glad if it is posible to get
- Quota Recognition for our users (we use "max disc size" but thats not
the answer),
- Filesize reporting (MS-Explorer Discspace versus Unix "du" versus GPFS
Blocksize (1024k)) and
- ACL-Support (nfs4) working

perhaps this plugin does it all ?

Can you point it out to me ?
Ralph

Ralph Cunnington
IT-Support und Systementwicklung Paderborn

b.i.b. International College, Fürstenallee 3-5, 33102 Paderborn
Tel:+49(0)5251-30101 - Fax:+49(0)5251-301161
Ralph.Cunnington at bib.de - www.bib.de
---

(oehmes at de.ibm.com).

> --Rob
>

> Ralph Cunnington <Ralph.Cunnington at bib.de>
> 01/11/2008 05:13 AM

> gjertsen at users.sourceforge.net
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> Info and Link to VFS-Modul GPFS
>

> Hi Rob,
> i'm  looking for a link to get the VFS-Module "gpfs" included in my
> Samba 3.0.28 as documented
> in the man-pages. I cant find the Module anywhere...
>
> Have you got some infos on that for me ?
>
> Using GPFS3.2 on a 3-Node Samba Cluster (3.0.24/28) on Dell HW
>
> greetings from Paderborn, Germany
>
> Ralph Cunnington
>

> --
> Ralph Cunnington
> IT-Support und Systementwicklung Paderborn
>
> b.i.b. International College, Fürstenallee 3-5, 33102 Paderborn
> Tel:+49(0)5251-30101 - Fax:+49(0)5251-301161
> Ralph.Cunnington at bib.de - www.bib.de

> Träger: Bildungszentrum für informationsverarbeitende Berufe e.V.,
Paderborn