[Samba] Windows 2003 R2 client Network Browsing very slow

Alberto Moreno portsbsd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:26:01 GMT 2008

Hi people.

   I add a new server to the network, windows 2003 R2 sp2, is another
client in the domain running gentoo linux with samba 3.0.24, the
problem i  have is that my Network Browsing is very slow inside
win2k3.

*   The network is working normally, 90%  of my clients are windows xp
 pro sp2 and those can browse the network without a issue.
*   The master browser in the domain is my linux PDC server, i disable
the browser service in all my Windows Clients even win2k3. I found
that if i enable the browser server in win2k3, he take the roll of
Master Browser and problem fix.

   But that server is not the PDC, have some one had been having
problems like this one and  fix it?

   Any info about i will appreciated a lot, thanks!!!
--
LIving the dream...