[Samba] Samba shares are case-sensitive in Windows = bad

thomas62186218 at aol.com thomas62186218 at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 23:04:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am a Samba newbie using 3.0.27 and noticed that Samba allows me to
create directories in Samba shares on Windows that have the same name,
but different case. For example, "TEST", "tEsT", "test", and "TESt" are
all permitted directory names in the same path (root directory of the
Samba share). This seems like a bad thing since Windows itself does not
allow this with local hard drives.

Am I missing a very simple setting in Samba to suppress this "feature"?
Thank you so much in advance for helping out a Samba newbie!

:-)

Best regards,
Thomas