[Samba] Re: Windows XP always see folder with read-only attribute set

Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín hector at planatec.es
Mon Jan 14 15:18:43 GMT 2008

Marco De Vitis escribió:
> Il 10/01/2008 19:19, Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín ha scritto:
>
>> Does anyone has an idea what could be happening and how to avoid
>> windows showing it as "read-only"???
>
> Sorry for not having noticed this thread before, because I would have
> saved you some time.
>
> What you describe is not a problem with Samba. It is a Windows
> "feature by design". Look here, and read especially the "CAUSE" section:
Ahh...thanks God!! ;)

There's the explanation...thanks a lot, at least this confirms what I
thought: windows trouble :( I tried to use this attr command as they
suggest on the article you sent me and doesn't work either, but I
checked an it happens even on folders of the hard disk!!! So, I can
inform my customer to complain Microsoft for this ;)

Thanks a lot for your help

--
Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín
PlanaTec Software S.L. ** Castellón (Spain)