[Samba] Windows XP always see folder with read-only attribute set

Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín hector at planatec.es
Mon Jan 14 15:15:51 GMT 2008

John Drescher escribió:
> I have seen this from time to time at work but since this is harmless
> I pretty much ignore it. Now when the user files are actually read
> only and they are not supposed to be so is when my users will contact
> me...

Well, I also used to thought that it's harmless but the other day one
customer called me becasue he could not save changes over a file on a
samba server. The thing is that some programs (like Photoshop, for
example) check this attribute on the folder and don't allow the user to
save the files on that folder.

Best regards

--
Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín
PlanaTec Software S.L. ** Castellón (Spain)