[Samba] Can not connect to printer from Vista 64 - error 0x000006f7

Andreas Gehrke public at agehrke.com
Sun Jan 13 16:54:59 GMT 2008

Hello.

I have a problem connecting to a printer via Samba from Vista 64-bit.
Samba is configured to use printers from CUPS. When I try to connect to
a printer I get a error message saying "Windows cannot connect to the
printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006f7)".

I have managed to upload both 32 and 64-bit printer drivers from a
Windows client. Connection and printing works from Win XP, Win XP 64 and
Vista 32, but not Vista 64.

Can anyone help me to debug or provide me with a solution?

OS: Debian testing (lenny)
Samba: 3.0.28-1
CUPS: 1.3.4-4

Regards,