[Samba] Windows XP always see folder with read-only attribute set

Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín hector at planatec.es
Fri Jan 11 18:18:54 GMT 2008

Rune Tønnesen escribió:
> May I suggest this
>
> [publica]
>           path = /sis/publica/
>           public = yes
> #          only guest = yes
>           writable = yes
>           force user = sis
>           force group = sis
>
> This should solve your problem as samba by default set a share as read only and you
> need to set them to writable, hence "read only = No" is not equal to "writable =
> yes".

Still the same...it's very weird, isn't it?

Look, I tried to simplify my smb.conf file as much as I could and got
this config:

[global]
        security = share

[web]
        path = /var/www/html

The directory /var/www/html and any of its sub-directories have
u+rwxs,g+rwxs permissions and they belong to the user which is accesing
from the xp machine and....still the same!! Can someone reproduce this
trouble?

--
Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín
PlanaTec Software S.L. ** Castellón (Spain)