[Samba] Windows XP always see folder with read-only attribute set

Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín hector at planatec.es
Fri Jan 11 14:31:16 GMT 2008

James Lockie escribió:
> Hector Sanchez wrote:
>> bjlockie at lockie.ca escribió:
>>> Do the win2k clients show the same behaviour?
>>>
>> No they don't... I forgot to mentioned it. Any clue??
>>
>> Thanks for the reply
> Windows clients have always been flaky for me.
> Do you log in to Windows networking on the WinXP machines?
I'm not sure to understand...what do you mean by "do you log in to
windows networking"??...these machines are not within a windows domain
if it's what you are asking about. All the machines have users created
locally with local authentication, there's no other windows server on
the local network (only one linux server with samba with some shares
acting as file server, and some windows clients).

We have something like 20 servers deployed in this way and this happens
on every installation, only with windows xp and windows 2003
machines...bizarre :(

Any idea will be more than welcome.

--
Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín
PlanaTec Software S.L. ** Castellón (Spain)