[Samba] samba+linux server+windows share can't find a file

chen.lianlu chen.lianlu at netk5.com
Fri Jan 11 02:39:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

   The environment:  The linux server install the Mandriva. And this is a
samba server for sharing documents. All the clients are windows XP.

   There was a strange thing. There was a file which I can find in the
windows client. But I can't find this file in the linux even if I use the
command "#ls -a"

   At the same time, this file was not read and hided. You couldn't open and
delete it. As this file exist some document can't be found but it is exist.

   When I deleted some files in this folder, some files appeared. I also
tried to use the root to delete the folder and recreate a new folder, I
copied these files to

   the folder and the same status happened again.

   I don't know why? If you have some advice, please tell me. Thanks.

NETK5 in all south-east asia        www.netk5.com
      IT Service, Software Development, Web
-
Chen Lianlu                                  Engineer
Tel:+86(21) 3318 3209
Fax:+86(21) 6312 5755           Chen.lianlu at netk5.com
CONFIDENTIALITY. Any data and information contained in this electronic mail
is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use
or distribution must be authorized.  If you are not the named recipient,
please do not disclose the contents to another person, use this email for
any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.  Instead, please
notify the sender by return email and delete this email (including any
attachments) from your system.