[Samba] Help with backslash issue on smbfs

Michael Grice grice at berbee.com
Thu Jan 10 19:04:19 GMT 2008

* Michael Grice <grice at berbee.com> [080109 17:42] wrote:
> I am in the middle of migrating a number of applications from one server
> to another and I am running into an issue with backslashes on a smbfs
> mount. Basically, the backslash can be used in a file path on the old
> server and not on the new. This turns out to be important because of the
> samba share is used to store data for a large number of FTP clients, who
> use an old automated script which chokes on the backslash. The script
> unfortunately would be very difficult to replace.

[...]

No replies. I was afraid I might be out of luck from the samba end.

For anyone looking through the archives or googling this later, however, I
wound up working around it at the application level. One of my colleagues
pointed out that proftpd has its own mod_rewrite, and it appears I'll
be able to get that to work.
--Michael