[Samba] Winbindd fails to start

Craig Jackson CJackson at abbott-simses.com
Wed Jan 9 20:06:12 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have just compiled and installed MIT krb5-1.6.3 and got a ticket with
kinit:
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: craig at ABBOTT-SIMSES.LOCAL

01/09/08 18:27:06  01/10/08 01:07:06
krbtgt/ABBOTT-SIMSES.LOCAL at ABBOTT-SIMSES.LOCAL
01/09/08 18:31:18  01/10/08 01:07:06  term-jac$@ABBOTT-SIMSES.LOCAL

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

I then compiled and installed Samba-3.0.28. I joined the ADS domain
successfully. But winbindd doesn't start with the error:
Could not fetch our SID - did we join?
unable to initalize domain list

The eventvwr system log on Windows server 2003 gives this error:
While processing a TGS request for the target server
HOST/puma.abbott-simses.local, the account PUMA$@ABBOTT-SIMSES.LOCAL did
not have a suitable key for generating a Kerberos ticket (the missing
key has an ID of 8). The requested etypes were 2.  The accounts
available etypes were 23  -133  -128  3  1.

Have search and tried several things. Can someone help me out?
Thanks.
Craig