[Samba] ldap interface authentication

Deas, Jim James.Deas at warnerbros.com
Wed Jan 9 14:26:28 GMT 2008

What specific ldap config files are used by samba when it's used as the
backend db?

I have followed the FDC Howto and setup the ldap data on a dedicated FDC
server. From the samba machine I have been able to do 'ldapsearch -x  -D
"cn=dirmng" -W *' for all the sambaSam information. I have added the
ldap data to smb.conf and set the passwd for the admin account.

What appears to happen to me is that my ldap server is setup for simple
authentication only while it looks like smb is not. How can I specify
smb use simple authentication?