[Samba] Roaming profiles and case sensitivity

Mon Jan 7 12:08:58 GMT 2008

Francis Galiegue schrieb:
> Le lundi 07 janvier 2008, Niki Hammler a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
> [...]
>> preserve case = yes
>> short preserve case = yes
>> default case = lower
>> case sensitive = yes
>>

> Have you tried case sensitive = no?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

But as I said, I *had* these settings before. I removed them now (so the
default should be case sensitive = no).

The profile loads now but I'm not sure if it works because I renamed the
files or this is by accident.

Also, I read somewhere in the Samba documentation that the case
sensitivity for NTuser* matters on the linux drive (which I can't
understand).

My question would be what are the safe options (or if they are correct
now) for the profile folder in order to completely eliminate any
possibility of such stupid errors in future.

Best regads,
Niki