[Samba] Odd, slow Windows XP client download behavior

Chris hsvchris at gmx.de
Sun Jan 6 02:12:02 GMT 2008

My XP machine uses the onboard Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
Controller with driver version 10.51.1.3, provided by Marvell, which is the
latest I know of.

Browsing is fast, there is no noticeable difference between the Vista
machine and my XP client. There's also no noticeable difference in browsing
speed between having oplocks turned on/off .