[Samba] force close files, preferably through Computer Management

James A. Dinkel jdinkel at bucoks.com
Fri Jan 4 21:04:58 GMT 2008

If I open Computer Management on Windows XP and connect to my Samba file
server, I can see a list of what files are open by users.  I need to
force some files closed.  If this was a Windows file server, I could
just highlight the files, right-click, and choose "Close Open File" but
I get "Accessed is Denied" on the Samba server.  This is Samba 3.0.25b
on CentOS 5, by the way.

Is there a way I can configure the server to allow me access to do this?

Alternatively, if anyone knows of another way to close just these few
files, that would be helpful.

James Dinkel