[Samba] Unable to Connect to OpenVMS Pathworks

Joe Viggiano jviggiano at netsynergy.com
Wed Jan 2 16:39:31 GMT 2008

This is my first time posting on this list, so please excuse me if this
is the wrong list to post on (if it is please just let me know).  I've
recently upgraded my old Redhat 8.0 box to Redhat Fedora Core 8 which
comes with Samba 3.x while my old Redhat 8.0 box had Samba 2.x.  On my
old box I had SMB map a drive from an older OpenVMS server using
Pathworks.  I performed this by simply doing:

mount  //alpha/alpha /nobackup/usb2 -o username=user,password=pw

However, when I do this now with my new server and Samba 3.x I get the
following error:

mount error 112 = Host is down

Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

I'm 100% positive the host is indeed up and I'm able to communicate to
and from the "alpha" server from the new Linux server.

Thank you in advance for any help.

-Joe