[Samba] Upgrade from SLES9 3.0.20 to 3.0.26a breaks getent

bdehn at oreillyauto.com bdehn at oreillyauto.com
Tue Jan 1 05:23:21 GMT 2008

All -

This evening I attempted to catch up on security releases and upgraded from
SLES9 3.0.20 to 3.0.26a and found that getent only returns local UNIX
groups and users. We are using winbind to communicate with an NT domain.
The server has been restarted and services are running. Using wbinfo -u and
-g does provide NT domain groups and users as expected and net rpc testjoin
result is OK. I have checked config files and they appear OK. What have I
missed?

Bob Dehn