[Samba] Still unresolved: adding printers as a non admin domain user doesn't work

Francis Galiegue fg at one2team.com
Fri Feb 29 09:48:06 GMT 2008

Le vendredi 29 février 2008, Guido Lorenzutti a écrit :

[...]
> > Which reminds me that I read many times of a central "policy" available
> > as "soon" as Samba 3.x, therefore NT-style domains, which can enforce such
> > settings at a whole domain level (a file edited with poledit). I've never
> > tried that (never needed it actually - until now, it seems).
> >
> > Does it cover such stuff as the "point and print restrictions" that I
editer
> > with gpedit.msc?
> >
> > (and no, "power user" and "domain user" weren't the subject at hand, to
answer
> > another private response)
> >

> What did you change in the gpedit to make it work?

User Configuration/Administrative templates/Control Panel/Printers/Point and
Print Restrictions.

I did it on each machine. I don't know what file it edits, if any. Neither do
I know whether it can be enforced domain wise if you don't use AD.

Francis Galiegue, One2team - fg at one2team.com
[ATTENTION : CHANGEMENT DE COORDONNÉES !]
+33178945552, +33683877875, http://www.one2team.com
40 avenue Raymond Poincaré - 75116 PARIS