[Samba] Still unresolved: adding printers as a non admin domain user doesn't work

Francis Galiegue fg at one2team.net
Thu Feb 28 19:22:46 GMT 2008

Le Wednesday 27 February 2008 17:12:12 Chris Smith, vous avez écrit :
> On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Francis Galiegue wrote:
> > Well, this page doesn't agree:
>
> My experience is different. Believe what you will.

OK, I can't say I relate to what you say (obviously), but here goes anyway.

It _was_ indeed a Windows centric problem. The solution I found was to run
gpedit.msc (located in system32/ from the root Windows directory) and change
the relevant parameter. For each machine.

Which reminds me that I read many times of a central "policy" available
as "soon" as Samba 3.x, therefore NT-style domains, which can enforce such
settings at a whole domain level (a file edited with poledit). I've never
tried that (never needed it actually - until now, it seems).

Does it cover such stuff as the "point and print restrictions" that I editer
with gpedit.msc?

(and no, "power user" and "domain user" weren't the subject at hand, to answer
another private response)

Francis Galiegue, fg at one2team.net
One2team - 40 av. Raymond Poincaré, 75116 PARIS CEDEX
+33683877875