Re [Samba] LDAP adding workstation accounts fails (but not really???)

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Feb 28 18:55:56 GMT 2008

well su -l testing\$ fails because nss_ldap can't find testing$ in your
ldap tree.  does testing$ exist in your ldap tree?  if so, what is the
full dn of it?  run something like:

ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=iwu,dc=edu" -b
"uid=testing$,ou=People,dc=iwu,dc=edu" -w xxxxxxx -x

and

ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=iwu,dc=edu" -b
"uid=testign$,ou=Computers,dc=iwu,dc=edu" -w xxxxxxx -x

does either one return testing$ in your tree?  see, you can't add a
machine account if nss_ldap can't resolve the user named testing$, so
you need to figure out why its not seeing the user testing$