[Samba] Samba/LDAP Question

Hector Blanco white.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:26:11 GMT 2008

It doesn't seem to be that, in my case... I removed the smb.conf lines
that told Samba in which Ldaps "tables" (or OUs) had to look for the
users and so, and it isn't working...

Just in case, there goes my new smb.conf

Thanks

-------------------------- smb.conf ----------------------------
[global]
	#Configuracion basica
        workgroup = JOME
	security = user
        netbios name = xxxx
	server string = xxxx PDC server Version %v
	encrypt passwords = yes

	#Configuración para ser el PDC maestro
	os level = 65
	preferred master = yes
	local master = yes
	domain master = yes
	domain logons = yes
	wins support=yes

        #Configuracion de logs
        log level = 4
	debug level=3
        syslog = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        max log size = 1000

	#Configuracion LDAP
        ldap admin dn = cn=Admin,dc=jome
	ldap delete dn = no
	passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://xxxx/
#        ldap user suffix = ou=People
#        ldap group suffix = ou=Group
#        ldap machine suffix = ou=Hosts
#        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        ldap suffix =dc=jome

	ldap delete dn = No
	local master=Yes
	os level=65
	domain master=yes
	preferred master=yes
	domain logons=yes
	logon path = \\%L\%U\Profiles

	#Configuracion programas varios
        add machine script =/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w %u
	#       add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -a -m '%u'
        #	delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel -r %u
        # 	add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p '%g'
        # 	delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel '%g'
        #	add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m '%u' '%g'
        #	delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod
-x '%u' '%g'
        #	set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g '%g' '%u'
        passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd '%u'
        printing = cups
        printcap name = CUPS
        logon script = scripts\logon.bat
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U