[Samba] krb5.conf file in /var/lib/samba/smb_krb5; Samba 3.0.27a

Eric Roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Thu Feb 28 16:26:31 GMT 2008

Hi Alex,

The reason that I was looking at this was because although I had MD5
configured in /etc/krb5.conf, Wireshark showed that the AS-REQ/REP,
TGS-REQ/REP, and the "SMB Session Setup AndX Request" and Response were
all in RC4.  I could not figure out why until I found the Samba
krb5.conf.  So it appears that Samba supersedes the /etc/krb5.conf
enctype and uses RC4.

Eric