[Samba] [Samba to samba transfert] Timestamp problem

Hervé Richard herve at periactes.com
Thu Feb 28 11:39:50 GMT 2008

Ross Smith wrote:
> I don't have a lot of experience of Samba, but under windows that's exactly what I'd expect to see if you copied a bunch of files.  To retain timestamps under windows you generally need to use a backup program and not a copy one.
>
> However, since you're using Nautilus, are you actually using Samba to do the copy?  I'm wondering if you would be better just avoiding Samba and using Linux / Unix file transfer tools.  A quick google has brought up cp --preserve=timestamps so I would imagine there are ways to do this.

Using nautilus was easy and more flexible to make transfer but at the
end it took more time according to the timestamps problem :-/
Yep I used scp -pr to copy and preserving timestamps.
So in "résumé" scp is an alternative / workaround but not a solution to
the problem.
What about a little patch in the future? ;-)

Thanks for your answer.
Hervé