[Samba] Slow response time opening documents from Samba on Redhat compared to opening them on Sun

White, James JWhite at national.aaa.com
Wed Feb 27 18:24:10 GMT 2008

Can you give me an explanation of why I am experiencing such slow
response time on opening a document on our Linux environment compared to
our Sun or Windows environment?

I should be seeing the exact opposite because my SUN server has UNIX - 2
x 300mhz RISC with 8gb RAM and my Linux servers are running Redhat - 2 x
3.0ghz Intel with 16gb RAM.

SUN Samba  < 1 seconds to open a 1k document
Linux Samba 12+ seconds to open a 1k document
Window 2003 < 1 seconds to open a 1k document

I have these Samba servers within my firewall so security is not an
issue and these servers are on the same network.

James White
This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and should be treated as a confidential AAA communication.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator.  Your cooperation is appreciated.