[Samba] Re: Windows C# unable to access Samba directories.

Jim Shanks jim at shanks.cc
Wed Feb 27 14:32:39 GMT 2008

> BARKAN AVIGDOR wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have written a simple c# program that move file from windows to a Unix
>> path via samba.
>>
>> The user that do the work is a full privilege user.
>>
>> Using a win application this works fine but when I activated the prog.
>> as a win service,
>>
>> I got a strange activity and the prog wasn't been able to find the
>> folders.
>>

> Have you checked the server logs? Is the client attempting to connect?
> if so, what goes wrong?

One other thing . . . typically a Windows "service" typically does not run
under the user account logged into the local machine.  More commonly, a
service is run with either an account created for the service, the
"system" account or the local administrator account.  In that case, the
samba server (or a Windows server for that matter) would deny access.

>> So I’m very much interested in troubleshooting the problem.
>>
>> Can you please send the me the sample code.
>>
> All of the samba code is available via ftp at us3.samba.org/pub/samba/
>>

>> Thank you ahead
>>
>> Avigdor
>>

> *Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *