[Samba] max password age won't work (3.0.27a)

Markus Kahle markus.kahle at brueckmann-gmbh.de
Wed Feb 27 10:32:01 GMT 2008

Hi,

I come into a big problem with password age after upgrading to 3.0.27a.
We are using:

samba 3.0.27a
openldap 2.2.13
smbldap-tools 0.9.2

If a user change his password via the normal windows dialog the
ldap-attribute "sambaPwdLastSet" is altered, but the other attributes
like "sambaPwdCanChange" and "sambaPwdMustChange" aren't altered.
But we definitely set a global password age (90days) and the value is
verfiable entered into ldap.

So why is this not regarded by samba if the user changes his password
via the normal windows dialog ?

--
Markus