[Samba] Do I have to create user accounts twice??

Raymond Holguin raymond.holguin at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 26 22:50:18 GMT 2008

Im going to be migrating a windows file server of about 200+ users to
this samba server.  Now I have been searching for a while and can't seem
to find an answer.  My question is do I really have to create a unix
account for each user and THEN create the user account again on the
samba server??  I can't find a way to create a unix account and have
that account be also automatically created on the samba server.  is
there a solution for this or do I need to create some kind of custom
script to do this for me??

Thanks
-Ray

Raymond Holguin
Programmer Analyst
College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
Tel: (951) 827-6212
Email: rholguin at ucr.edu