[Samba] everyone acl

Christian McHugh christian.mchugh at nau.edu
Sat Feb 16 15:11:02 GMT 2008

Howdy all,

I was wondering if there was a known bug with the everyone acl. When
looking at the security tab on windows the everyone acl has the read
permission. If I unselect it to give everyone no permission and hit
apply, read becomes checked again. If I select deny everyone read, then
a warning pops up saying this will deny read for all users and it does.
If after that I give read to another user, then everyone has read
selected again. It seems the only way to unset read on everyone is to do
it unix side. Is this a known problem or is there any solution?

I'm tried running samba 3.0.27 and 3.0.28 on solaris 10 with these results.

Thanks,
Christian