[Samba] RE: Samba and ADS authentication - can't change filepermissions

Ross Smith Ross.Smith at robinsons.com
Tue Feb 26 16:22:45 GMT 2008

Answering my own question again, after several days of searching I've
again found the solution within minutes of posting a question here.

The answer to the NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE is that you need to create the
/etc/krb5/krb5.keytab file:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5216293&messageID=9877661

And the windows permission setting problem appears to be due to a lack
of integration between ZFS and Samba.  It looks like it's currently
being worked on.  I'm hopeful it will be fixed if I download the latest
version of OpenSolaris:
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=2149388
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=94867&#94867

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Robinson Construction.  If you have received this transmission in error please advise the originator, or contact IT at robinsons.com.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses. No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachment, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software. For further information visit www.clearswift.com.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Robinson Construction
www.robinsons.com

S. Robinson & Sons (Engineers) Limited is a limited company registered in England.  Registration no:  823781
Registered office:  S. Robinson & Sons (Engineers) Limited, Wincanton Close, Ascot Drive, Derby, DE24 8NJ