[Samba] Samba4 - MS specs delivered? - WAS: Re: Samba 3 vs 4, User Maintenance

Tue Feb 26 11:34:03 GMT 2008

Curious...

This question probably belongs more on samba-technical, but I'm sure
there are others that would be interested in the answer...

Has Microsoft been forthcoming with the release of the protocol specs as
agreed to and outlined in the big announcement? If so, shouldn't this
speed up (maybe even dramatically) the work on Samba4?

If they haven't, is there a timetable for this release? Or is this
possibly going to be a long, frustrating wait?

I was hoping to hear more from some Samba devs by now, but maybe we
haven't heard anything because MS hasn't delivered?

--

Best regards,

Charles