[Samba] Samba 3 vs 4, User Maintenance

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 26 03:37:45 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 16:52 -0500, Ryan Bair wrote:
> Samba 4 could eat your children

I've only ever claimed it could eat your cat...

>  and is still pretty incomplete
> (printing isn't there at all last I checked). I'd highly recommend
> sticking with 3.

While incomplete, the areas that are there should work (still chasing
down some oddities in group policy).  We don't expect backwards
incompatible data format changes, or too many other nasty things into
the future (may require an export/import of your data, but for example
we now know the password entry format).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett