[Samba] Samba 3 vs 4, User Maintenance

Ryan Bair ryandbair at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:52:28 GMT 2008

Samba 4 could eat your children and is still pretty incomplete
(printing isn't there at all last I checked). I'd highly recommend
sticking with 3.

For Samba 4, the AD toolkit can be used but again probably not ready
for primetime.

In Samba 3 I believe the NT Domain user manager can be used, but I
have no experience with it. Personally, I have been pretty happy with
gosa.

--Ryan