[Samba] Re: Re: Re: NMBD unresponsive

Petr Kopecky kejpi at centrum.cz
Mon Feb 25 18:30:43 GMT 2008

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:04:35PM +0100, Petr Kopecky wrote:
>> Jeremy Allison wrote:

>> > Yep - that definately helps :-).
>>
>> I am sorry but I cannot compile samba with debugging symbols on Gentoo
>> :-( GDB always says that there are no debugging symbols.
>>
>> Currently I am trying it with:
>> CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O0 -ggdb"
>> ./configure --enable-debug ....
>>
>> Do you know what is wrong?
>
> I usually remove any -O option and just compile with -g.
> That fixes it for most platforms with gcc I know.

It didn't help. There are still no debugging symbols. But while playing with
CFLAGS and compiling it the problem didn't happen. Couldn't it be related
to compiler flags:

I normally use:
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe -msse3"

In attachment there is a complete build log using:
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -g"

Petr

--
Ing. Petr Kopecky
E-mail: kejpi at centrum.cz

OpenDocument is now international standard ISO/IEC 26300. Use OpenOffice!
It's free for everyone :-)

http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.openoffice.cz