[Samba] Integrating Misys into existing Samba network

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Fri Feb 22 05:41:49 GMT 2008

I am making an assumption that by Active Domain, you mean Active
Directory?  Does the MISYS server only have to act as a domain member
server, and authenticates users based on their existence / password in
what ever back end authentication system provided?  If you are running
centralized authentication through Samba as a NT-style domain
controller, you should still be able to get user authentication to work
with a Win2K3 server.  I have 5 Win2K3 boxes that act as member servers
in my Samba lab right now.  Two of them actually use my Samba backend
for user authentication in the apps they run.

You need to find out specifically what functionality MISYS requires of
your authentication system.

Regards,
Frank