[Samba] Integrating Misys into existing Samba network

Jeff Ross jross at wykids.org
Fri Feb 22 03:13:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

I do the networking for a smallish medical clinic here.  They have
decided to go with the Misys MyWay Electronic Medical Records system.
The engineers from Mysis about freaked out when the found out that I'm
running Samba on OpenBSD, and had all kinds of issues they were worried
about--whether their Windows Server 2003 system with Active Domain would
integrate with Samba was the biggest, how SQL Serve would integrate was
next and so on.

I'm not using Active Domain for the samba server, and never have, so I
couldn't really address their concerns.

My question, then, is two fold:  has anyone out there integrated Misys
into a Samba network, and if not, can anyone see a reason why I can't
just drop their server into the network?  As I understand it, and
believe me, I know not much about Misys at all yet, each client has to
authenticate against the Misys server.  I fail to see why this is a
problem but if you've ever had a bad experience integrating some sort of
middleware like this into an existing network I'd sure like to hear
about it.

The sooner the better--their Misys server is scheduled to be installed
on Wednesday, 2/27/2008.

Thanks,

Jeff Ross