[Samba] recycle module creates empty files (0 KB)

Marcus Sobchak <lists at localguru.de> lists at localguru.de
Fri Feb 22 00:05:00 GMT 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 21.02.2008, 17:40 +0100 schrieb Marcus Sobchak :
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange behaviour when creating new files.  When opening word,
> excel, ppt or txt to create a new document (e.g. I use the word icon on
> the desktop to start word) and save the file to the home share H: an
> empty (0 KB) file with the same name as the saved document is created in
> the trash folder. Why this second empty file in the trash folder?
>
> Going directly to the home share H: and create a new document using
> right mouse click "new / word document" and save to H: no empty file is
> found in the trash folder. Strange?

I found this message in the list with a patch to fix this problem using
the recycle:minsize parameter

  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2006-July/048054.html

After looking to the source of the Debian package 3.0.24-6etch9 is seems
that the minsize feature doesn't come with the 3.0.24 version. Is there
a patch for version 3.0.24?

Ciao!