[Samba] Measuring performance

Rob Mason rob at cissp.org.uk
Thu Feb 21 20:44:25 GMT 2008

Greetings,

This is probably a trivial question, but I am unable to find an easy
answer!  I would like to measure file copy performance between my Samba
PDC and XP clients for tuning purposes.  I would like to use a Windows
file copy tool (ideally command line) that gives me the KBPS
performance.  I've looked around and found a few GUI utilities that have
all manner of caching and compression to improve copy speed - but these
would clearly give me an inaccurate KBPS.  Can anyone recommend a good
file copy utility with network performance reporting??

Rgds

Rob Mason

This email has been scanned by the ClamAV opensource Anti-Virus scanner.