[Samba] problems with roaming profiles

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 16:25:54 GMT 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Mike Eggleston might have said:

> I have a samba 3 domain running for a while and have noticed that
> desktop.ini is displayed often on login and that my personal desktop is
> not being sync'd with my repository. Last week I was building a new box
> for a user and am converting this same user to a domain profile at the
> same time. I have found that the user's romaining profile is not being
> created on the samba server. The user can log in, authenticate through
> samba to ldap, and see the user's home directory (mapped to H:\). When
> the user logs out the profile is not written to my profiles directory.
> The user can also create, read, and delete files from the mapped home
> directory.
>
> Does anyone see something wrong in my samba configuration?

The bizarrest thing to me. Researching this on the net I find
http://www.webservertalk.com/archive214-2004-6-198755.html. I disabled
the single nVidia device driver for the installed nVidia card, log out,
and the files are written to my profile area.

I don't know if disabling the device driver fixes all my problems, but
it helps.

Mike