[Samba] Migration for Samba 2.x to Samba 3.x advice.

ip guy persip at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:36:46 GMT 2008

Hi all

I'm in the process of migrating our Samba 2.x domain member server of a
windows 2000 domain to a samba 3.x domain member server of a windows 2003
domain.

i have a few questions

1) after i upgrade the 2000 domain server to 2003, will the samba 2.x server
still be able to function as a domain member server (the domain is setup in
mixed mode)

2) will the 2000 domain controllers remain in mixed mode if i upgrade them
to 2003 thus allowing for point 1 above ?