[Samba] Re: winbind - not ready for prime time

Tim Bates tin at new-life.org.au
Sun Feb 17 21:51:28 GMT 2008

Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> I'm looking for somerecognition that the Samba project may have gone astray in the decision to
> package winbind as part of the main package, given the many specific
> shortcomings
No problems with doing that. I'm pretty sure some of the little tools,
scripts and gadgets for other big projects like Squid are partially or
totally undocumented. And it's not like Windows (any version) has every
little tool documented (or even 100% complete) when they ship it, and
people pay hundreds or thousands of dollars just for one license of
that. And good luck convincing MS to add docs just because you email them.

If you want to fix the docs or pay someone else to do it, go for it.
Personally I'd rather the dev team work on Samba 4.

TB