[Samba] symlink on Linux vs. Windows clients

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Fri Feb 15 16:21:04 GMT 2008

First suggestion - hardlink - I do not know how to do it on Debian system
(Sarge - oldstable). The system doesn't allow this :(

"follow symlinks" option is enabled by default - I do not disble it. By
the way I'm tried to put it in my smb.conf - in share [homes] and in
[global] - also change this in smb.conf of clients - but nothing was
change :(

windows/DOS clients are follows symlinks but Linux clients not. Linux
clients shows that the symlinks points to nowhere - the points are doen't
exists on client box(es) - obviously.