[Samba] problem with samba+winbind+kerberos+AD

Esteban Torres Rodriguez etorres at dap.es
Thu Feb 14 13:39:47 GMT 2008

I have a server with samba+winbind+kerberos+AD sharing files. When users log in there is NO-DELAY communication with this server, but, after some minutes of inactivity there is a 5 secs. delay until the server starts offering data.

Log files don't show any net-split, neither user disconnections... there isn't any unusual info.

Have you any idea about this issue?

I think that relevant information about smb.conf could be like this (I can attach more if needed):

 domain master = no
 server string = myMachine
 encrypt passwords = yes
 max log size = 50
 socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
 dns proxy = yes

Esteban Torres Rodríguez
ÁREA DE SOPORTE TÉCNICO - Administración de Servidores
Subdirección de Sistemas Informáticos
Empresa Pública Desarrollo Agrario y Pesquero,
email: etorres at dap.es