[Samba] Winbind problem with more details.

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Thu Feb 14 21:37:16 GMT 2008

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> Trimble, Ronald D wrote:
> >
> > Just an FYI... this is not a local group but an AD Domain
> > Local group.  We are using Domain Local groups since they can
> > contain users from other domains.
>

> Are all these users members of the same domain?
>
> If not, do you have the 'allow trusted domains = yes' option set?
>
> What does your idmap setup look like?

After reading more carefully I have more questions below...

These users started getting messages, this means it was working
correctly for a while?

When did it stop working?

Did anything change around that time that could impact this?

Maybe /var/log/messages, or /var/log/samba/... may have more
detail as to why things aren't working.

<snip lots of sid stuff>

> > > Can anyone shed some light on what is going on here?  This
> > problem has been driving me crazy for several weeks now and I
> > could use all the help I could get.  I have a full compliment
> > of logs to go along with all the above information if anyone
> > would be so kind as to take a look.  I can make it worth your
> > while... I have a code for two free movie tickets on
> > fandango.com if you can help me solve this.  Not much, but
> > better then an email saying thanks.  :)

Try running your SID output with nscd shut down and see if that
is affecting it, otherwise I would start looking at what changed
in your environment that might have caused this.

Maybe permissions on the AD object?

The computer object representing this box has adequate rights
to query all group objects in AD?

Just throwing out some ideas here.

-Ross